The Ranch Store
The Ranch Store is an equestrian tack shop based in Westwood, near Jacksdale in Nottinghamshire. they sell all things equestrian for horse, pony and rider plus a wide variety of other animal feeds.
Launched in 2005 they supply a huge range of equestrian clothing and horse riding equipment with famous brands from the horse riding world. They currently are the only UK retailer selling the new Tommy Hilfiger range of clothing.
The brief from the ranch store was twofold, to increase footfall in store and to develop online sales both from the website, Amazon and eBay.
We also were tasked with streamlining the operation so stock was synched whether it was sold in-store or online. Up to this point, keeping track of stock meant filling in stock sheets then manually adjusting figures on their website, Amazon and eBay.
What we did
Firstly we had to review and understand how the current stock control system worked and where items were being sold, e.g. Amazon. As many categories of products are sold, a menu system with an easy to use search was required. After fully understanding the complex requirements for this store we carried out the following:
- Website design including a re-brand
- Web development to include woo Commerce online store
- Implementation of hardware and software for an EPOS system to ensure stock sold in store synchs across all systems the online inventory
- Software implementation for streamlining the addition of products to Amazon, eBay and the website. A product needs only to be added once to populate all three sites.
- Content added for all pages
- Website launch
- Intensive staff training on all systems
What we do now
- Business level web hosting
- Ongoing technical support with all software integrations, e.g. Amazon and Woo Commerce
- Software updates and licenses
- Website updates when required
- New ranges of products added
- Search engine monitoring
- On-going training when software updates have been introduced plus training for any new store staff
We have recently re-branded the site and added new content for the launch of the Tommy Hilfger range